We talked last year about Oracle’s solution for companies that need to roll out a new database and application infrastructure quickly, Oracle’s Database Appliance (ODA). It utilizes a number of technologies that make it a highly intelligent solution for large networks.
We’re committed to the ODA as a solution when it is a good fit, and are now offering the recently released ODA X5-2.
The new model has the following key features:
- Fully integrated and complete database and application appliance
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Real Application Clusters or Oracle Real Application Clusters One Node
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management
- Oracle ASM Cluster File System
- Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
- Two database servers
- Up to two storage shelves
- InfiniBand interconnect
- Solid-state drives for database redo logs and frequently accessed data
Essentially, it’s a rack-mountable system containing two Oracle Linux servers and one storage shelf.
The biggest difference from the previous model is that this one has more memory and more horsepower. Each of the servers contains two 18-core Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 processors, 256 GB of memory, and 10-Gigabit Ethernet external networking connectivity. The two servers are connected using a redundant InfiniBand interconnect for cluster communication.
There are 64 TB of raw storage that’s double or triple mirrored, resulting in 32 TB or 21.3 TB of usable database storage. There are also four 400 GB solid-state drives for frequently accessed data, and four 200 GB SSDs for database redo logs to boost performance.
If you need a surprisingly affordable database appliance, contact us to see if the ODA X5-2 is a good fit for your needs.