July 21st, 2015
With 138 members, new LinkedIn Group OKCOUG is sure to be a great resource for big data users in the Oklahoma City area. The group was designed to address a growing need in the local IT community. This group is specifically for those who are skilled in Oracle and are interested or already involved in the world of non-traditional databases.
The goals for the group are:
- To focus on Oracle technologies in the local area
- Continue to educate and expose IT professionals to big data platforms
- Provide a group that speaks a common language in regards to systems and processes
- Allow members to work as an open source development team
This group is a great opportunity for IT professionals employed by an Oracle shop to bounce ideas off of each other. If you have ever wondered what to do with unstructured data or how to explain big data systems in a way that non-users can understand, this is the place to get your questions answered.
The group meets the first Wednesday of each month between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm. The most recent meeting was on June 3, 2015 at OU Health Sciences in Oklahoma City. The format for the meeting will be two short talks of ten minutes each, and then one longer thirty minute talk. The last ten minutes of the meeting will be reserved for networking. This creates an excellent opportunity for big data users in the Oklahoma City area to meet each other and develop connections with professionals involved in the same technologies. Check the LinkedIn group page for meeting dates and locations.
This group is administered by Verbus Counts who has been using Oracle since 1984. Counts is also the founder of the Palmetto Open Source Software Conference. He is a senior software consultant and IT manager.
July 7th, 2015
Are you ready to make the next move in your career? Maybe you have web development experience and are ready to transition into working with large Oracle database systems. Come join our team of talented and motivated IT professionals, who are committed to providing exceptional service to our customers!
Job duties include:
- Serve as a technical resource for the LSG Solutions staff
- Analyze user requirements and define application objectives
LSG Solutions has been helping businesses meet their technology needs since 2004. Known specifically for their quality of delivery, LSG focuses on a full life cycle approach to solving business problems with technology. LSG Solutions provides employees:
- Competitive salaries with outstanding benefits
- Continually trains employees for career growth
- A culture that exceeds customer’s expectations
This is a great opportunity for individuals from any of the following career paths.
- Intermediate to Senior-level APEX developers
- Intermediate to Senior-level PL/SQL and Oracle Forms developers
- Junior to Intermediate level - currently developing Oracle Application Express applications.
- Powerbuilder & Delphi and even client-server developers wanting to change specializations
This job is based in the Oklahoma City metro area. Interested applicants, please click here to submit an application and resume.